How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question about school admissions: On the school application

This answer was rated:

Question about school admissions: On the school application I am filling out for my 13 y.o. daughter, it asks if the child has any restrictions on their residency in the United Kingdom. As my daughter & I are both U.S. citizens, will the answer be yes? If so what sort of information must I provide to the school--if any--besides visa?

Thanks for your patience.

They will just want to know that your daughter is legally within the UK. State that you are an American Citizen, as is your daughter, and then confirm the type of visa and length of leave to remain on the visa.

You can also photocopy the pages from your respective passports and include these. Refer in the passage to the photocopies and attach them to the documents so that the adminstrators can assure themselves that what you say is true.

This should be sufficient. At most I might expect them to simply ask you after submission to attend and produce your passports to them but they probably won’t even do that.

Nothing sinister in this at all, so no need to worry.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions