How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Multi-Questions for Citizenship Application

This answer was rated:


I currently have an IVA (2 more years to pay) will this cause my Citizenship application to fail? also my husband's indefinite leave to remain visa is currently in his Caribbean passport which expired on the 8th of January 2012. Will he have to apply for a new passport despite the fact that the visa itself has not expired before we submit an application for citizenship with it? Otherwise does he have to use the passport as evidence of his indefinite visa or can they look that up and we send his birth certificate instead as ID? He was also born in the caribbean. Thanks.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.


1. The fact that you have IVA outstanding will not effect your application for citizenship.


2. If you husband does not currently have a more up to date passport then he may use his expired passport and submit this to the UKBA as part of his application. The UKBA are more interested in the indefinite leave to remain visa and the fact he has met the requirements for naturalisation as a British citizen.


I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.


Kind regards

UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions