How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Wanting citizenship

This answer was rated:

My husband and I have indefinite leave to remain. I have had it since the end of 2006, he has had it since early 2009. I have since acquired his biological daughter from the Caribbean who now lives with us permanently. She acquired indefinite leave to enter valid from 10/03/10 until 09/07/14. Her visa says MULT VISA SETTLEMENT TO JOIN PARENT(S). Her Mother is deceased. We wish to now apply for citizenship. My husband and I have taken the Life in the UK test. I took mine on the 15/01/2009, my husband took his on 02/04/2009/ successfully. What I want to know is what forms to complete for all our applications and how much will it cost for all three and whether or not it is possible to include my stepdaughter in a joint application please? Thanks

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.



How old is your step daughter?

How long has she been in the UK?


Kind regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello she is 12 yrs and she has been here since the 6th of april 2010.

Thank you for your reply.


The child can apply for British Citizenship as she has remained in the UK with indefinite leave for 2 years. She will need to apply for naturalisation using form MN1 which can be found at the following link:


You and your husband will need to fill in form AN which can be found at the following link:


The fees if you apply together will be £1317.00 for both you and your husband. Please see following link:


I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.


Kind regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much - however - is there a separate fee for my daughter? cheers!

Yes, the form she uses is FORM MN1 for which I have provided a link in my previous answer:


I hope this clarifies the matter if so kindly rate my answer positively.


Kind regards

UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank You!
It's a pleasure.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions