How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

immagration, I want to be able to promote a new product in

This answer was rated:

immagration, I want to be able to promote a new product in UK. with out worrying about breaking any immagration laws. I would like to spend a lot of time there. what do I need to do? To be able to go and come at will?

What nationality are you?

What frequency and durations of visits to the UK would you require>?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Nationalty: USA


Long stays like a year or more.


Is the employer based in the UK at all?

Would it simply be promotion or will there be any element of investment within the UK and if so how much/

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, but coulld be considered. otherwise -Marketing, promotion, a verturial office.

Thanks for your reply.

Because this is work it would mean that were you to enter the uk on a visitor's visa as most americans do under the visa waiver program then it would be a breach of the immigration rules. This could cause you problems in the future.

I would suggest there are two options, but neither are a perfect fit for your situation really.

1) Apply for a Representative of an Overseas Company:-

As you will see this would permit you to stay for the lengths of time you require.

2) Apply for a business visitor's visa:-

Under the "other business persons" sub-category.

The problem with this is that the visa would be limited to 6 months and you could not extend, whereas you could with the first option. THe second is probably more suitable but you must be attempting to establish a commercial presence within the UK for the employer company.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You gave me good service, I feel I ned to give you more inofrmation,



New Company, new product. I own the patented product. The company can be structerd as needed. I own 45% of share of comapny and patent. What type of docmentaion will be required to fill all requirments in option 1.


I'm sorry, but this forum is for general advice only. For advice on the documents you would require I would need to take detailed instructions from you then tailor the application accordingly. I can't accept instructions from customers of the site unforunately.

The best thing you can do is to instruct a UK qualified solicitor to assist with the application.

The UKBA provides basic document guidance here though:-

Please remember to rate my answer.

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions