UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am wanting to move to UK and get married. What is my best

Customer Question

I am wanting to move to UK and get married. What is my best option? Apply for a visa before I go or try to deal with it in the UK when I get there. I have reservations of sending my passport away. I do not want to work. I am 68 years old and my partner is 70. He is a British citizen.
I am getting a bit frustrated with all the immigration .

Ruth VanMeeter [email protected]
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

You should apply for a Spouse visa prior to travel to the UK, as if you entered the UK with your partner the immigration officers may question why you have not applied for the correct visa ie for settlement and have entered the UK as a visitor on a 6 months visa.

To be eligible for a Spouse visa your husband must be earning at least £18,600 or have a saving of £64,000 in his bank account. If he is on a pension his pension must be over £18,600 per year. He must have adequate accommodate for you in the UK.

Spouse visa applications can take between 4 - 12 months but some application centres are processing these in 2-4 weeks. Unfortunatley in either case you would need to submit your passport as part of your application.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please give me the sites for the quick visa service. I am ready to apply. Thank you so much.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Its a pleasure.

The visa application form is a follows:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/apply-outside-uk/

Kind regards

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Kind regards