How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a lady from pakistan here in the uk, who is living with

Customer Question

i have a lady from pakistan here in the uk, who is living with her son who is the sole provider for her when she was there living with her daughter. she came to the uk last year on a visit to see her son daughter in law and grandchild who was just born then. she has now over stayed but wishes to remain here in the uk with her son who is the only provider for her. she has no husband or any other family she could stay with. what can she do to rmain here legally and what shall her son do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

She would need to return to pakistan and apply for a dependent visa from there I am afraid, the rules changed on 9th July 2012 and she cannot apply from within the UK any longer.

Thank you
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
Any reason for the negative feedback?

Related UK Immigration Law Questions