UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

a pakistani immigrant is married to a EU citizen--lituanian,

Customer Question

a pakistani immigrant is married to a EU citizen--lituanian, who blackmailed him constantly, asking for over £5000, because he did not have more money she threten him with police. Today he's in detention, waiting to be sent back to Pakistan on 28th of Aug. Please give us advice on his rights? Thank you
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Why is he detained?
Does he have any permission to remain in the UK?
Does he have any family In the UK?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

(looking in his paper work) he is detained because:

---24 Jan 2012 he was served with an IS151A. His EEA application was refused as he entered into a sham marriage.

---06 Aug 2012--he was encountered at his rented location in Crawley.

---07 Aug 2012-- refusal notice was sent to his legal representatives,

---09 Aug 2012--removal Directions were set for 23 Aug 2012, he was given a flight no PVT120 for 28 Aug 23:25 to Pakistan (Islamabad). I have cited this from his paper work given by the UK border agency.

his lawyer has advised him to attend the High Court with explaining the story about how she entered this marriage just for money. He's got all the evidence on her blackmailing him with tel texts. She was seeking for some time for an immigrant to marry in exchange for money. She had a loan to pay at a bank in her country of origin.

Yes he's got familly over here, some cousins, uncle, aunt, but no brother or mother.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for reply.

Just to clarify

why did he marry her?
Did he gives her money in exchange for marriage?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

--he married her because he loved her. She never asked money befor that, she started demanding money right after the marriage.

--he thought she loved him too. He never gave her money in exchange for marriage. When later after a month she's gone mad for money he got threten by her that she will leave him and he will not be able to make his documents, if he does not give her such and such amount of money. He panicked a lot and started making the payments, he just didn't know what to do.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

That does seem suspicious the fact that he gave her money to stay with him does not seem to me will go well for him.

You also mentioned the fact that if she left him he would not be able to make his documents,this does not go in favor of the person detained.

Although yes he felt threatened the fact he gave her money to stay with him means that the relationship was not subsisting or genuine and therefore any documentation made on this basis would not be valid.

I would not suggest going to the high court etc to fight the case as even to me it seems he paid her money to stay with him so he can regularise his stay in the uk, which is deception.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my answer , kindly rate my answer so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards