How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I married my husband 8yrs ago. Shortly after,he was sent to

Customer Question

I married my husband 8yrs ago. Shortly after,he was sent to jamaica to apply for his visa from that end as his student one had expired. I fought very hard to get his back, even having to go to appeal. Eventually he return but our relationship wasn't the same. He gained indefinate leave and is now a british citizen. However, i have now discovered he has been having affairs throughout our marriage and even has at least 3 children. I feel he married me to remain in the country. under these circumstances and the fact that he;s currently on bail for assaulting my son, is there any way his indefinate and right to british citicenship can be withdrawn. You may think me very vindictive but i've only told you part of the story.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes i'm still waiting for a response
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am afraid it is extremely unlikely that his citizenship would be revoked. The fact that his conduct and attitude to you may have been less than honourable is not enough. Once he has been granted citizenship it would only be revoked if it was obtained by fraud or if it was deemed "conducive to the public good" . By way of example recent revocations have been in respect of terror suspects. There have only been 11 cases in the recent years. So unless he has done something extremely serious and is deemed a threat to the state in some way then his citizenship will not be revoked.