How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get any job in the UK for a visa

Customer Question

Can I get any job in the UK for a visa
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I will answer tommorrow.

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

You cannot simply get any job. You have to get a job that the employer is willing to sponsor you to be a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker for.

This means that they have to register with the UKBA (you will see this confirmed from the previous website link that I sent to you).

The least controversial way of doing this is to get a job that is listed on the Jobs In Shortage Occupation list. This list is here:-

If you cannot get a job on that list but are able to get another job then you should ask your proposed employer to carry out the Resident Labour Test, this is where they (As your Tier2 sponsor) confirm to the UKBA that there is no other person within the workforce already in the UK that can do the job at the salary which has been offered and accepted to you. It’s not easy though I’m afraid.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i was wondering what options do i have then since i cannot get a job in the uk is there such thing as a tourist visa witch i can renue every year so then i can say i been in the uk for 3 or 5 years on the tourist visa so then they can grant me a citizen for being in the country for a while
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, quick meeting. Answer in ten mins.

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to get a permanent right to live in the UK via visitor's visa. No time spent in the UK on visitor's visas is permitted to count towards the time required in order to obtain Indefinite Leave to Remain, which is the right to stay in the UK permanently.

You can apply for an obtain a multi entry visitor's visa for a period of 5 years. This would mean that you would be able to come to the UK for visits as many times as you like within that period provided you do not spend more than 6 months in the UK within any 12 month period within that time. However, you would not be allowed to work under this type of visa, so I presume it is not suitable for your purposes.

Your best way forward if you wish to work in the UK is via the Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled worker visa outlined above.

Kind regards,