How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am just wondering I talk to a UK lawyer and they said if

This answer was rated:

I am just wondering I talk to a UK lawyer and they said if I had £200,000 I can become a resident of that country since I have no relitives in the UK 

Thanks for your question.

It’s not simply that if you have access to £200, 000.00 you can automatically qualify for a work visa. If you have this sum and are prepared to invest this in a UK business then you will be able to apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.

You will see the following is a link to the UKBA’s website for the eligibility criteria to apply for this form of visa:-

This money would have to be investeed in a UK business, you cannot simply hold on to it and stay in the UK unfortunately.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions