How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently have a Tier 1 (General) Extension visa pending.

This answer was rated:

I currently have a Tier 1 (General) Extension visa pending. Given current wait times, I don't anticipate getting it back for another month or two or more. Can I leave the UK on a temporary Canadian passport for a family wedding while I have a visa pending, or will this count as the application being withdrawn? I am happy to stay in Canada after the wedding and have it (passport/visa) posted to me once I receive it if necessary.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Unfortunately you are unable to leave the uk while your application is pending, as your application was an in country application. As soon as you leave the uk your application will become an invalid.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you