How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, just to follow on and clarify the details. The candidate

This answer was rated:

Hi, just to follow on and clarify the details. The candidate has a UK Business Visa for 6 months currently 4 months remaining, USA tourist VISA for 5 years and Shengen (France) visa for 3 years. Obviously none of these are works VISA and therefore, I understand for the candidate to acheive a work permit/Visa I will need to become sponsor, this is not a problem but need to clarify what my position is as this person is an excellent candidate.

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : You will need to apply for a sponsorship licence first and will then be allocated an individual licence for the person you wish to employ/sponsor. The job that they apply for and the pay must be consistent with the code of practice for sponsored skilled workers under tier 2.
Awan-Legal : The link as follows explains how to register as a sponsor and the requirements/process;
Awan-Legal :

Many thanks for the reply, I have began the process in applying for sponsorship licence. One further question, the role would also require some travelling throughout Europe to explore emerging markets and attend conferences etc and this would include Switzerland, should I successfully obtain the licence is the candidate able to travel thoughout Europe and Switzerland?

Awan-Legal and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the positive rating.

The employee can travel to Europe but will need to apply for a schengen visa first from the main European country where he or she will be travelling to and then can travel on to other European countries for the validity of the visa.

I hope that helps and thanks once again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX just for clarity, the candidate does currently have Shengen (France) visa for 3 years. Therefore they would be able to travel to conferences etc in Paris and Switzerland? Once the sponsorship has been succesfull ?
Yes that is correct.
Awan-Legal and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions