How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Tom, please what section of the UK immigration law says

This answer was rated:

Hi Tom, please what section of the UK immigration law says (1)an applicant can't submit another application to the UKBA if one is pending.
(2) second refusal of visa application may lead to automatic remover.


May I answer tomorrow morning please?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok Tom I'll be expecting your answer.



Thanks for your patience.

1) There is no such immigration rule which states that you cannot submit another application whilst one is pending if you still have leave to remain. You just either submit the application with a covering letter referring to the evidence subtmitted with your previous application, or request the pending aopplication is returned to you and then submit a completely new fresh application.

If your leave to remain has expired and you submit an application then the UKBA can refuse on the basis that you are an overstayeso it is a discretion of the caseworker, . However if you submit a further application whilst one is pending then they can either consider it or refuse the earlier one. If you otherwise meet the eligibility criteria or are married/have children then they will generally consider it because their prospect of being able to deport are reduced.
2) If they refuse either the first of the second then your status would remain that of an overstayer. This is a breach of the immigration rules and therefore the UKBA can issue deportation proceedings because they are empowered to regulate immigration within the UK so this includes deporting (after a tribunal hearing for removal directions) people without leave to remain. The decision of whether they will or not is a pragmatic one – if they are likely to be successful then they may attempt to remove, if they are not then they won’t .

Your pending marriage is your best card here, but it would be better if you were married because you would then be elgible to apply for an EEA family permit and so would be able to argue, probably successfully, at a removal tribunal that it would be disproportionate and unreasonable to expect you to be removed to your home country only to make an applcatoin a coupe of weeks later and to return to the UK

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to rate my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, is there a way you can check before your wedding date if ukba will come on that day to disturb the ceremony ?
No. THere is no way to check

I have to go to bed now I'm afriad.

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions