How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i came to this country in 1965 .i am still a jamaican citizen,being

This answer was rated:

i came to this country in 1965 .i am still a jamaican citizen,being living in England since. i am entitled to welfare, social security, being married in 1983 with a british citizen .now i need to leave the UK to travel to Italy.Apart from going through naturalization certificate and applying for british passport,there anything else i can do to get the right travelling documents without fearing to being denyied entry back to the UK?

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.


Have you been granted indefinite leave to remain stamp in your passport?


Kind regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am satisfied with this answer,but i would like to know i do i get the indefinite leave stamp for my jamaican passport?Many many thanks,this service is usefull!
Thank you for your reply.

Yes you should have obtained an indefinite leave to remain stamp a year after you came to the UK in 1965 as a spouse of a British national in your Jamaican passport. I am assuming that your original visa which you arrived on has expired. If so and you have not applied for indefinite leave to remain then you should obtain this now, once you have indefinite Leave to remain you may apply for British citizenship straight after.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you