How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Could you help me,I am getting married in the Ukraine in about

This answer was rated:

Could you help me,I am getting married in the Ukraine in about 9-10 week time.
I have all the relevant documents but am not quite sure which ones need an
Apostile stamp,much appreciated,

According to the UK Embassy in Ukraine:

British citizens who wish to get married in Ukraine will be asked to produce at the local Marriage Office (ZAGS) the following documentation:

  • Certificate of No Impediment (CNI)
  • Certificate concerning termination of your previous marriage (if applicable) – legalised by The Legalisation Office, UK
  • Certified translation of your British passport
  • Some marriage offices may also require your Birth certificate.

All documents must be translated into the Ukrainian language.

The CNI can be obtained either in the UK from the local registry office or here at the British Embassy Consular Section in Kyiv.

Note: All original documents from the UK will need to have an “Apostille” (legalisation certificate attached to the document). This should be done through the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s Legalisation Department, London:



Full details here:

Thank you
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions