How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3653
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have dual nationality, with a UK passport. I have not lived

Customer Question

I have dual nationality, with a UK passport. I have not lived in the UK since being educated there although I have a bank account in London. I will soon be retiring and returning from work in the ME to reside in my country Kenya. I intend to buy a flat in the UK in order to receive some income from the rent. Will I be liable to pay any tax in the UK on this income?Will I be required to make a tax return annually?Thanks.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

Yes you will be required to pay tax on it as it is income you will be earning in the UK. You may therefore be required to file a tax return.

Kind regards


Related UK Immigration Law Questions