How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to ask you about my partner and if he can come

Customer Question

I would like to ask you about my partner and if he can come and stay in the UK.
He is Palestinian from Syria and he went to Sweden as a refugee before 3 months.
He has already documents there and he is waiting to receive his new passport.
A passport from Sweden but saying he is a Palestinian refugee.
Can he visit UK with that passport to marry me here?
After that, can he claim to transfer his rights for housing benefits and income support from Sweden to UK or he will loose everything if he will come here?
I am greek and I came here before 1 week. If he marry me here what rights can I offer to him?
What else should I know about this situation?
Thank you and apologise for my non fluent english.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

Unless he has a Swedish EU passport, he cannot use it to visit/enter the UK. You may marry him in Sweden and after that he would need to obtain an EEA Family Permit from the UK consulate there to come to the UK.

Thank you