How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother was born in England in 1919 and I have a certificate

Customer Question

My mother was born in England in 1919 and I have a certificate of patriality in an old New Zealand passport - this was issued in June 1973. Under current UK immigration law, am I still entitled to either a new certificate of patriality in my current New Zealand passport or a British passport.
If I am still entitled to patriality or a British passport, who do I need to apply to in the UK
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

You may apply for registration as a British Ctizen using form UKM after which you can apply for a British passport, see here:

Patriality certificates are no longed issued.

Thank you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions