How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I am a NZ citizen and planning to marry my Italian Boyfriend

This answer was rated:

Hi, I am a NZ citizen and planning to marry my Italian Boyfriend and then apply for a EEA family permit and travel and live in the UK.

I want to know how long it usually takes to get the permit/visa, if I should apply from NZ or if I can apply from UK? If I apply from NZ, how long till I can leave to go to UK?

Thank you

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

You should apply from NZ for the EA Family Permit, it can take anything from a few days/weeks to a few months to process the application, it depends on how busy the British consulate is in NZ.

If you try coming to the UK visa free, you could be turned away at the border if you are without the EEA Family Permit.

Thank you
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions