How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Awan-Legal Your Own Question
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 128
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Awan-Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good evening, I made it back to the UK. I ended up finding

This answer was rated:

Good evening,
I made it back to the UK. I ended up finding another company that charges 800 pounds for the Residency I was looking for. 2500 pounds was just too much for me.
Would I be able to start working once the process is started or do I have to wait for the whole process to be completed?

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : Welcome back and thanks for requesting me.
Awan-Legal : As you are currently on a visitor visa, you need to wait until the permission is granted if you applied on child access. On the Zambrano case though, you would be able to start working from the moment you receive a certificate of application.

and it is free to file on the zambrano case right?

Awan-Legal : There are no home office charges - that is right.

ah ok

Awan-Legal : The child access rules have also changed now which means you cannot get permanent status on this basis but only stay until the child turns 18.
Awan-Legal : Have you applied yet?
Awan-Legal : The law changed on 9 July 2012.

i saw there were some recent changes. do you know what the basis was for the change




austerity perhaps

Awan-Legal : Perhaps and the government wanting to reduce immigration

ah okay.. so for the zambrano case.. how do i file under that? actually you sent me an email with the things that i needed for both but what form?


also you been a big help for me.. confidence wise thanks :)

Awan-Legal : Sorry my battery died - no problem, happy to help.
Awan-Legal : Also, there is no form for the Zambrano case. I hope that helps.
Awan-Legal :

Hi there - kindly provide me with a positive rating, thanks. Also, as stated there is no specific form for Zambrano cases, however, it is advisable to apply on form EEA.


Awan-Legal :
Awan-Legal and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions