How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I completed the online EEA family permit for my daughter. Who

This answer was rated:

I completed the online EEA family permit for my daughter. Who should sign it? Wasn't sure if I should as she is a minor.

Thanks for requesting me. It's a bit late and I'm on my mobile.

I will answer tomorrow of that's okay

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, sounds good. I plan on mailing everything tomorrow anyway.

Thanks for your patience.

You will see from the following link at the guidance contain for part 10 (on page 5) is instructive:-

It states “ An application for a person under the age of 18 may be completed and signed by the parent or legal guardian”

You will also see at page 6 of the form that it states “PLEASE NOTE: If a child is travelling without their parents, he/she should present written notification from the child’s parent or legal guardian that they consent to the child’s visit.” You will also see from the following link that the sentence “If you are aged under 18 and one or both of your parents or guardians are not travelling with you, you should provide their written permission to travel here.” Is included:-

Therefore if you are not travelling with your spouse when you taken your daughter then you should get their consent in written form. This consent should be included with the application.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you