How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How long does he take the ukba to send an acknowledgement letter

This answer was rated:

How long does he take the ukba to send an acknowledgement letter and when are they going to confirm payment from your debit card?

Thanks for your question.

The application is logged shortly after receipt. The fee is debited then. They will then send their acknowledgement of receipt letter after that.

I have recently found that it has been taking between 2-3 weeks for the receipt letter to be received, you should not worry if you have not received an acknowledgement within this time.

At the moment I am expecting there to be further delays due to the likely increase in volume the UKBA will probably have experienced as a result of applications being submitted before 9th July before the new rules coming in to effect.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please can you tell me more about FLR (M) FORM AND FLR(0) FORM,I was advised to used form flr m to submit my application to the ukba because my wife is a british citizen and my little son as well,So am on visiting visa which my wife want me to stay with her for helping our son together...Please explain better

If you are only on a visitor's visa then the best thing would be to go and see a local solicitor about preparing your application for a spouse visa.

Switching from a visitor's visa to a spouse visa whilst you are in the UK is only permitted in exceptional circumstances, for example where t would be detrimental (as opposed to simply inconvenient) to your health or that of your child/wife to require you to leave the country and make the applicatoin from there.

If the exceptional circumstances don't apply to you then you should ask the solcitor to prepare an out-of-country application for a spouse visa that you can take with you when you return to your home country so that you can submit it straight away when you return to cut down on the time you are separated from your family. If you apply from outside the UK then you would have to apply using form VAF4A:-

If the exceptional circumstances apply to you and you make the application without leaving the UK then you would have to apply using Form FLR(M).

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have submitted my application with form flr m form and employed a solicitor and she told me that she would quote a humanitarian article 8 and my wife wrote a supporting letter to the ukba for the reason why she doesnt want me to leave the country.I have a proof of me and my son while i do help my wife to care about him where i do feed my son and also a report from health visitor that they do see both parents together.

The solicitor has made the correct argument in support of why your application should be considered, but it's not as straight forward as you think. You have an Article 8 right to a family and private life but it's not a simply case of this meaning that you will get an approval.

You will have to wait to see if the application is approved or appeal if the application is rejected. If you have questions about yoru case then you need to speak directly with your solicitor rather than post questions here. Your solicitor has full access to the specific particulars of your case and can give your an informed opinion.

Thanks for rating my answer.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Am asking you this question because someone I know has the same case with me where he just had a baby and his wife wrote a supporting letter that he want his wife to be with her and the baby,He made the application in the UK using form FLR O and he was granted 3yrs leave to remain..He was on visiting visa as well.So I don't understand what you saying about Article 8 right to a family and private life?

It's not as simple as that. Each application is judged on a case by case basis. There are many small details of difference between each case that can make a big difference to the outcome.

You need to be patient, but I know it's difficult. Wait for the UKBA's decision and in the meantime address any concerns you have to your solicitor - that's what you pay them for.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I understand you Tom but as a qualified solicitor do you mean you can't deal with this case of a wife been a british citizen and a six month baby as well and the husband his on visiting visa,and the wife want his husband to be around her because this is her first child.Please explain to me

I'm saying that it's complicated. It is possible to get a spouse visa in these circumtances but the relationships must be proved, there must be no complicating factors, you must be able to show that you can support/accomodate each other without the need to access public funds, the husband must be essential to the care of mother/child and it must be unreasonable and disproportionate to expect the husband to return home. That is a lot of things to prove and you have to prove them all with supporting documentary evidence.

That's is why I can be specific and that is why your solicitor can be. You need to refer these types of questions to them.

I cannot, if you were asking, accept instructions from customers of the site unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I understand you very well,I have already submitted my application since on the 6th of July,What am saying if I do come to your office won't you deal with the case and also my wife earn about 22k per annum and she did put all her pay slip and p60 as a supporting documents.I have included all my pictures of me and my son into the documents..
I can't deal with your case. As an expert I cannot accept instructions from customers I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So what about the qualified solicitor doing the kind of case like that.Are they not good like you or doesn't know the laws
I can't comment on that. I'm sure your solicitor is fine.

Related UK Immigration Law Questions