UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

How long does he take the ukba to send an acknowledgement letter

and when are they going...
How long does he take the ukba to send an acknowledgement letter and when are they going to confirm payment from your debit card?
7/12/2012
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Hi

Thanks for your question.

The application is logged shortly after receipt. The fee is debited then. They will then send their acknowledgement of receipt letter after that.

I have recently found that it has been taking between 2-3 weeks for the receipt letter to be received, you should not worry if you have not received an acknowledgement within this time.

At the moment I am expecting there to be further delays due to the likely increase in volume the UKBA will probably have experienced as a result of applications being submitted before 9th July before the new rules coming in to effect.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Please can you tell me more about FLR (M) FORM AND FLR(0) FORM,I was advised to used form flr m to submit my application to the ukba because my wife is a british citizen and my little son as well,So am on visiting visa which my wife want me to stay with her for helping our son together...Please explain better

If you are only on a visitor's visa then the best thing would be to go and see a local solicitor about preparing your application for a spouse visa.

Switching from a visitor's visa to a spouse visa whilst you are in the UK is only permitted in exceptional circumstances, for example where t would be detrimental (as opposed to simply inconvenient) to your health or that of your child/wife to require you to leave the country and make the applicatoin from there.

If the exceptional circumstances don't apply to you then you should ask the solcitor to prepare an out-of-country application for a spouse visa that you can take with you when you return to your home country so that you can submit it straight away when you return to cut down on the time you are separated from your family. If you apply from outside the UK then you would have to apply using form VAF4A:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/apply-outside-uk/

If the exceptional circumstances apply to you and you make the application without leaving the UK then you would have to apply using Form FLR(M).

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
i have submitted my application with form flr m form and employed a solicitor and she told me that she would quote a humanitarian article 8 and my wife wrote a supporting letter to the ukba for the reason why she doesnt want me to leave the country.I have a proof of me and my son while i do help my wife to care about him where i do feed my son and also a report from health visitor that they do see both parents together.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Am asking you this question because someone I know has the same case with me where he just had a baby and his wife wrote a supporting letter that he want his wife to be with her and the baby,He made the application in the UK using form FLR O and he was granted 3yrs leave to remain..He was on visiting visa as well.So I don't understand what you saying about Article 8 right to a family and private life?
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
I understand you Tom but as a qualified solicitor do you mean you can't deal with this case of a wife been a british citizen and a six month baby as well and the husband his on visiting visa,and the wife want his husband to be around her because this is her first child.Please explain to me
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
I understand you very well,I have already submitted my application since on the 6th of July,What am saying if I do come to your office won't you deal with the case and also my wife earn about 22k per annum and she did put all her pay slip and p60 as a supporting documents.I have included all my pictures of me and my son into the documents..
I can't deal with your case. As an expert I cannot accept instructions from customers I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

Tom
So what about the qualified solicitor doing the kind of case like that.Are they not good like you or doesn't know the laws
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor