UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am sponsoring my boyfriend of 5 years to the u k for a 1

Customer Question

I am sponsoring my boyfriend of 5 years to the u k for a 1 weeks holiday and i have a solicitor who has done all the paperwork for me we were going to put the application in when i go to north cyprus this month but i would like to know if there are any rules for how long his work permit has to be running like 3months 6months ect as he has a letter from his employer who is keeping his open for him on his return because he has 5months and 2weeks to go on his visa and if there is a rule for this it means we have to wait another 6 months when he renews it again he has just been told this by friends and would like to confirm before we put the application in as we do not want it turned down just because of this
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

What nationality is your partner?
What is he doing in Cyprus?
Are you asking if there are any rules prohibiting him from entering the uk if he has less than 6 months on his work visa in Cyprus?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my partner is indian he is a chef in north cyprus he has been there for 10 years yes i am asking if there are any rules prohibiting him from entering the uk if he has less than 6 months on his work visa in north cyprus

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

There is nothing prohibiting him from applying. All he would need to show the ukba in his application is that he will not overstay his 6 months visitors visa. You can submit an application at any time.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly leave positive feedback so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards