How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13326
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX i am 21 years old in 2012 i am getting

This answer was rated:

my name is XXXXX XXXXX i am 21 years old
in 2012 i am getting married from pakistan. considering the new immigration rules i have few questions.
i am severely sight impaired/blind and receive low rate disability living allowance and low rate employment and support allowance.
i will be stopping employment and support allowance due to finding work.
my salary for the year will be around 12k to 13k.
will i need to meet the new financial requiremnt?
the girl who i want to marry, her mum is blind and cannot see at all. will i be able to sponsor them both or only the girl?
thank you
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, want a answer
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding.
Thank you for your question. I am sorry you have had to wait for a reply. Can you provide more information.
Are you a British citizen? If not what basis are you in the uk? Where is your fiancee? Is she pakistani? Is she applying for a visa?

Can you provide more detail about the circumstances?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am a british citizen born in england.

My fiancee is a pakistani. she lives in pakistan. She is not applying yet but will do in 2013.
Thanks. the new rules come into force in respect of applications made after the 9th of July. The wording of the rules is not crystal clear but you will definitely have to be able to meet the financial requirement if the rules remain unchanged. So you will need an income of 18,600 between you or saving of 2.5 times any shortfall. So far as her mother is concerned you will need to show that she is wholly dependent on her daughter and can be maintained her without recourse to public funds.

Your fiancee will also need to pass the language test and meet the other requirements .

I recommend you wait a little time to see how the new rules are implemented in practice and also if they are challenged .

Please let me know if I can clarify anything

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for the reply.
How will know if the rules are passed?

Also it says that people will disability living allowance

Don't need to meet the financial requirment? is this true?

The rules were put beofere parliement in June and come into effect on the 9th July

It is correct that if you are in receipt of disability allowance then you do not have to meet the income requirement this applies if you are receiveing any of the following:

(i) disability living allowance;

(ii) severe disablement allowance;

(iii) industrial injury disablement benefit;

(iv) attendance allowance; or

(v) carer's allowance;

However your fiancee must provide specified evidence that you are able to

maintain and accommodate yourself, the applicant and any dependants

adequately in the UK without recourse to public funds. This would mean additonal public funds ( i.e. as a result fo your wife and or her mother being here) not any disability allowance you receive.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok. one last question.
So that means i have to work? can work and receive disability allowance at the same time.
You dont have to but if you do not and your fiancee has not got a job or a skill that commands a decent salary then you may struggle to show adequate means.
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 13326
Experience: Solicitor
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you