UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

Hello lawyer, I am planning to come to the uk for tourist

Customer Question

Hello lawyer,
I am planning to come to the uk for tourist visit with my family and I am 26weeks pregnant,I hear news of immigration officers deporting pregnant women.can you help me allay these fears or can you tell me what I need to do to make my tourist visit a memorable one?do I need health insurance.please advice me.
Thank you
Beebee
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

What passport do you hold and do you have a UK Visa? Are you coming to give birth in the UK?

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I hold a nigeria passport with UK visa on it.I am coming on vacation with my family and am 26weeks old.plan to spend 10days
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I hold a nigeria passport with UK visa on it.I am coming on vacation with my family and am 26weeks old.plan to spend 10days.However donot minD paying for a health insurance card for a guarantee that would not access public funds incase of emergencies even though my pregnancy is not a highrisk.
Thank you.

If you have a valid UK visa already, that does not guarantee you entry to the UK especially if the Immigration officer feels that you are not coming for a genuine visit.

I suggest you take out comprehensive health cover, a return ticket, proof of accomodation for the 10 days visit in the UK, a letter from your doctor in Nigeria saying you are okay to travel and that arrangements have been made for your delivery in Nigeria. Keep all these documents in your hand baggage.

Hope this helps. Please rate my answer