How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7602
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hey i have another question please im in uk work permit

This answer was rated:

i have another question please

im in uk work permit visa.. and my visa will expire in dec 2012.. is there is any way i could extend it.. even tho im not working full 29 by the way..

second one.. if i want to apply for asylum, with gay muslim lebanese , with very conservative muslim family from the south,, plus diagnosied with hiv.. will they accept me.. and can you tell me about any good lawyers in london i can see for both cases/


Thanks for your question.

I’m afraid that the work permit category is now closed. This means that you can extend the work permit:-

You are permitted to switch to a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker visa though. Therefore if I were in your position I would adopted a two pronged approach:-

1) Search for an employer willing to sponsor you for the purposes of applying for a Tier 2 visa. Details here:-
If you cannot find a job on the following list then your employer will have to carry out a resident labour force test to confirm that there is no one willing and able to do the job at the salary offered:-

It’s a points based scheme, which means that you must meet the required points under the system. You can check your points here:-

I would start looking for jobs now. If you find one then the sponsor will have to apply for a Tier 2 sponsor licences. You can then switch before your visa expires

2) Start collating documentary evidence to apply for asylum in the event that you are unable to secure a job that is willing to sponsor you for Tier 1 purposes (see above). Claiming Asylum is very difficult. In practice only 19 of 100 applications are actually accepted.

In order to claim asylum you must show that you have a well founded fear of persecution because of:-
 race;
 religion;
 nationality;
 political opinion; or
 membership of a particular social group.

You need to do extensive research (newspaper articles, reports by government/charities/the UN) which show the form of persecution of your group where you would be returned to. You need to collate as many of these as you can, organise them with advice from Asylum Aid ( You should then take them to a solicitor a month before your visa expires in order to apply for Asylum. You will have to apply at one of the asylum centres but your solicitor will be able to to check yoru documents and advise you what to do

I am very sorry that you find yourself in this difficult position.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for the answer.
you know how hard to find a job in uk at the moment, especially with 4 months left on my visa..

do you think there is any lawyers or places where i can pay money and they will pretend that i have a job , payslips. and help me to get the tier2 general..

what i get from your answer, i need to get any job? or a job which pay about 150k a year..

i know with the asylum, its too hard.. but they wont take into consideration that im gay muslim with hiv..


No legitimate lawyer would offer to fabricate documents for you. Even if they did you should not take up the offer because you would be putting yourself in more trouble. You could end up in prison or banned from the UK for 4 years.

Yes, you need to get a job that is willing to sponsor you. I know it's hard, but I am sorry to say that if you are not minded to apply for asylum then this is the only option.

I would seriously consider applying for asylum. Asylum Aid can help (please see the link above.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Tom
that was helpful.

even if i found a job in a restaurant or bar? and the owner wants to sponser me?

what do you think thge possibilities of me being accepted as an asylum seeker?


I doubt working in a bar would do it because it's not on the list and therefore you would have to show that there aren't any of the resident labour force willing to take the role (but there are many people who would work in a bar so it's not possible here).

Your asylum claim depends on the amount and credibility of your supporting documents that you should start search for now.

Kind regards,


Related UK Immigration Law Questions