UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

hey i have another question please im in uk work permit

hey i have another question please im...
hey
i have another question please

im in uk work permit visa.. and my visa will expire in dec 2012.. is there is any way i could extend it.. even tho im not working full time..im 29 by the way..

second one.. if i want to apply for asylum, with gay muslim lebanese , with very conservative muslim family from the south,, plus diagnosied with hiv.. will they accept me.. and can you tell me about any good lawyers in london i can see for both cases/

thanks
7/3/2012
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Hi

Thanks for your question.

I’m afraid that the work permit category is now closed. This means that you can extend the work permit:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier2/work-permit-holders/extending/

You are permitted to switch to a Tier 2 Sponsored Skilled Worker visa though. Therefore if I were in your position I would adopted a two pronged approach:-

1) Search for an employer willing to sponsor you for the purposes of applying for a Tier 2 visa. Details here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier2/general/
If you cannot find a job on the following list then your employer will have to carry out a resident labour force test to confirm that there is no one willing and able to do the job at the salary offered:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/workingintheuk/shortageoccupationlistnov11.pdf

It’s a points based scheme, which means that you must meet the required points under the system. You can check your points here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier2/general/eligibility/

I would start looking for jobs now. If you find one then the sponsor will have to apply for a Tier 2 sponsor licences. You can then switch before your visa expires

2) Start collating documentary evidence to apply for asylum in the event that you are unable to secure a job that is willing to sponsor you for Tier 1 purposes (see above). Claiming Asylum is very difficult. In practice only 19 of 100 applications are actually accepted.

In order to claim asylum you must show that you have a well founded fear of persecution because of:-
 race;
 religion;
 nationality;
 political opinion; or
 membership of a particular social group.

You need to do extensive research (newspaper articles, reports by government/charities/the UN) which show the form of persecution of your group where you would be returned to. You need to collate as many of these as you can, organise them with advice from Asylum Aid (www.asylumaid.org.uk/). You should then take them to a solicitor a month before your visa expires in order to apply for Asylum. You will have to apply at one of the asylum centres but your solicitor will be able to to check yoru documents and advise you what to do

I am very sorry that you find yourself in this difficult position.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
thanks for the answer.
you know how hard to find a job in uk at the moment, especially with 4 months left on my visa..

do you think there is any lawyers or places where i can pay money and they will pretend that i have a job , payslips. and help me to get the tier2 general..

what i get from your answer, i need to get any job? or a job which pay about 150k a year..

i know with the asylum, its too hard.. but they wont take into consideration that im gay muslim with hiv..

thanks
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Hi Tom
that was helpful.

even if i found a job in a restaurant or bar? and the owner wants to sponser me?

what do you think thge possibilities of me being accepted as an asylum seeker?

thanks
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor