How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi there. following up from my previous question, in the case

This answer was rated:

hi there. following up from my previous question, in the case of a Discretionary leave to remain application, my partner has been told he will need written reference letters from several friends. but we are not sure of what should be said in those letters. could you please provide us with some guidance on it or even a template of the letter. thank you.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.


If you are applying for discretionary leave to remain. The letters usually include how long they have know the applicant, in what capacity, what their relationship with the applicant is, and do they believe the person is of good character, have they been known to breach any immigration rules and the fact that they are willing to provide evidence of what they have mentioned in person should they need to. They should include their telephone number and ID with the letter.


The ukba are know to contact individuals to discuss the authenticity of the support letters provided. So please ensure all details are included.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly leave positive feedback.


Kind regards,

UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions