How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I need help with my status here. I have spouse visa valid

Customer Question

Hi, I need help with my status here. I have spouse visa valid until november 2012. I applied for ILR on Feb 2012, based on 10 years residency in UK. Until today, i havent received my passport back but I have a grandma who is dying in the hospital, and I would like to see her before she dies. I understand that I can cancel my application, and get my passport back. But is my status still legal, and i can still use my spouse visa to comeback to UK? or they cancel that visa when I applied for ILR? Thank you
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.


No, if you contact the UKBA for the return of your documents, it would have been as if you never made your application. They will return your passport and you will be able to travel on your current spouse visa which is valid and return to the UK on that visa.


I hope this answers your question, if so please leave positive feedback.


Kind regards,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions