How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Mr M a British Citizen goes to Kenya and marries Miss H a kenyan

This answer was rated:

Mr M a British Citizen goes to Kenya and marries Miss H a kenyan citizen with the intention of bringing her back to live with him in the UK after their marriage. Visas applicataions he understands can take a few months to obtain. Is it possible to submit a visa application before the marriage actually takes place obviously with the priviso that the marriage certificate is produced prior to receipt of visa.

INC : Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.
INC : Hi, the short answer to your question is no, an application for a spouse visa cannot be submitted until you hqve a marriage certificate.
INC : The alternative is to apply for a fiancee visa and then marry your partner in the uk.
INC : If a fiancee visa is granted, it is for a period of 6 months during which you must marry.
INC : I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.
INC : If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions
INC : kind regards
INC : Hi, do you have any further questions?
INC : Hi, if i have answered your question, kindly click ACCEPT.
INC : Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you