Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
60469748

Not sure if i aksed this question already. Im flying to Germany

Not sure if i aksed this question already. Im flying to Germany to finish my out-processing for the Army. If I flew back to England from Germany after I get out would I be on a tourist visa or do I have to go back to the states?

Awan-Legal :

Hi

#

Awan-Legal :

I hope you are well.

Customer:

Hey, yes I am doing well.

Awan-Legal :

By leaving the UK, visiting another European country and then returning to the UK, you would be eligible for a tourist visa on re-entry as this is a new visit/entry to the UK. You will be stamped a six month endorsement on arrival at the airport.

Awan-Legal :

You do not therefore need to go back to the States but should ensure that the Immigration Officer on arrival is satisfied that you will return to the US after your visit.

Customer:

like by having a return ticket

Awan-Legal :

yes exactly

Customer:

thats good news for me. i was under the impression that i had to go back to the states. that works out for me then.

Awan-Legal :

No the UKBA contact centre have confirmed it is fine for you to go to a European country and then return to the UK

Customer:

cool. it would save the army money if i just flew back to the uk instead of all the way to ny.

Customer:

your amazing :)

Awan-Legal :

Thank you.. happy to help!

Customer:

have a good night

Customer:

and thanks for your patience with my persistent questioning lol

Awan-Legal :

That's ok! You too, have a good evening