How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name has recently been added to the Sex Offenders List for

Resolved Question:

My name has recently been added to the Sex Offenders List for a minor offence which did not even go to Court.

We are hoping to travel to Hong Kong later this year to visit a relative. Will I be allowed to enter the country, and if so, what restrictions may apply?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question.


How did your named get added to the sex offenders list if you were never convicted?



Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Before I go further with my question I need to know why I have to open a monthly direct debit with your company to get one answer to my question.

Am I allowed to enter HONG KONG if I am on the list, without having been given a custodial sentence?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Regarding the direct debit you will need to speak to customer services unfortunately I am unable to help you regarding that matter.

Regarding entry into Hong Kong, I am unable to give you a definitive answer as it will depend on how dangerous the immigration officers think your entry would be for the general public. I recommend you disclose your offence to the immigration authorities and let them make a decision. The immigration officers usually look at the seriousness of the offence on a case by case basis. Therefore I would recommend you disclose detailed information to the immigration officers regard your offence, to ensure your matter is dealt with fairly.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards,

UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions