How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 13325
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son who is British is living in Mongolia and is married

Resolved Question:

My son who is British is living in Mongolia and is married to a Mongolian lady. They have a two month old daughter. He would like to come to the UK to visit family and also to do a celsa qualification (over 10 weeks) as it will help him in his job as a English teacher. What does he need to do to gain a visa to visit?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 5 years ago.
I take it you are asking about a visa for his wife? If they are coming her for less than 6 months and not planning to stay permanently. She will have to apply in Mongolia you can find out how ot apply on the UKBA website see here:

What is most important is that she can show she is only coming as a visitor and will return to mongolia after the visit. If there is any suspicion that she may seek to remain longer then she will be refused.
I suggest evidence of your sons job and the fact that he is needed to return to it would be helpful plus , if she has a job evidence of that. Do they own or lease a home? Evidence of a permanent home to return to is also useful.
Senior Partner and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions