How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is from Brazil. We are married with a 2 year old

Resolved Question:

My husband is from Brazil. We are married with a 2 year old son. My husbands spouse visa expires on 18-05-12. But we only realised a few weeks ago that his passport had expired. We have made an appointment to renew his passport, but the earliest we could get was 22-05-12. This means his visa will have expired before we can make our application for Permanent residency. Will we still be able to apply if the spouse visa has expired.

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question.

You may apply after your spouse visa has expired. You will need to explain to the Ukba why you did not submit an application for indefinite leave to remain earlier.

Kindly note you can submit your application with an expired password and the Ukba will send you your vignette separately.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.

Kind regards,
UK_Lawyer and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you