UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

My mother entered England from France under an assumed passport

Customer Question

My mother entered England from France under an assumed passport in the 1930's and later they were married in a civil ceremony, London.
Why would she need to have an assumed passport during this period? If it would be helpful I have more information concerning the issuing of this passport.
[email protected]
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My mother Catherine Olga Fisher or Olga Catherine was supposedly born on March 29, 1902 in Bath, England. There are no records of this ever happening there or anywhere else in the UK.

Her passport number 168353 was issued on May 9th 1930 in France in the name of Irene A Smith.

Year of birth 1919 occupation student

One thing I did notice was passport number 168351 had the name MJR BECKHAM in an outside column and ditto signs under all the others up to 168360 although none of them were issued in his name. eg;

MJR BECKHAM 168351 Brown George W France

'' 168352 Green Florence C France

'' 168353 Smith Irene A France

Of interest she did all her communications were in French.

I was born in London, England Jan. 4, 1933 I enter the world at a nursing home on 53 Baronage Road, London (have written there no response)

They Married December 3 1932 West London, Brentford, County of Meddlesex

Occupation: Clerk

Father: John Fisher, England?

Mother:-------------------, England?

Eyes blue, Hair brown, Height 4 '- 10 " Weight 115 lbs

Died May 17, 1938 Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Listed as Catherine Olga Munzing

Thank you.

However, I do not understand your query about assuming a passport? You need to check with the passport issuing authority who may have been the British Embassy in France.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was told by the Veterans Department ( Mjr. Beckham) this was private information, and was referred to the Imperial War Museum. Do you have the address of the British Embassy in France and to whom should I address my request? Again my question, why the assumed passport?
British Embassy 35, rue du Faubourg St Honoré 75363 Paris Cedex 08 Paris. Telephone. (33) 1 44 51 31 00.

Passports are issued my the Government and I am afraid I cannot speculate here why Her Majesty's Government decided to issue an assumed passport to your mother.

It would be best to check with the British Embassy about this.

Please click Accept
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I would have expected that you might have looked into who this Mjr. Beckham was up to as it seems he was somehow involved in the passport being issued to her?

This passport was issued somewhere in Du Calvados, Normandy, France.

I am afraid it is impossble to investigate this, bearing in mind we are a Q&A site and not sn investigation agency. Please click Accept for the responses provided
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

See attachments. Front, you can barely make out Du Calvados and the back looks like French spelling this is all I have of her passport + the ship's passengers list and what was gather at Kew. Question. You suggested that I contact the British Embassy in Paris.......... If this is a French passport, why or I don't see Her Majesty's Government issuing a French Passport? This is not a satisfactory answer.

I've attempted to send you the two attachments, but for some reason I'm not able to do so using your web site. It seems the is an error in the address

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have sent three replies to you and counting this one makes four.

See attachments. Front, you can barely make out Du Calvados and the back looks like French spelling this is all I have of her passport + the ship's passengers list and what was gather at Kew. Question. You suggested that I contact the British Embassy in Paris.......... If this is a French passport, why or I don't see Her Majesty's Government issuing a French Passport? This is not a satisfactory answer. It seems to me either you do not understand my request or cannot come up with an answer.I cannot accept your answer and at this point in time I request a refund.

I've attempted to send you the two attachments, but for some reason I'm not able to do so using your web site.