How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7609
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A few additional questions about the EEA permit. I just want

Resolved Question:

A few additional questions about the EEA permit. I just want to verify:
1. Is form VAF5 the correct form?
2. Will I need to appear in person after submission of forms? Would my minor child?
3. If (2) above is a yes, Do you know the embassy I would go to? I am located in Michigan, USA? I am confused as to whether I go to US embassy or London embassy.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.


Thanks for requesting me.

In answer to your numbered questions.
1. Yes, this is the correct form as you will see from the following link:-
2. You may be required to attend the embassy nearest to you. Possibly not if you submit your original documentation after you have applied intiailly online (ie. passports, marriage certificates, birth certificates)
3. Not applicable. Please note at the bottom of the above link that USA is one of those countries that is required to apply online

You will never have to go to the London Embassy here in London. The only possibility is that you may have to go to the UK embassy nearest to you

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions