How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a u.s. citizen and want to marry a man that lives in scotland

This answer was rated:

I am a u.s. citizen and want to marry a man that lives in scotland what do i need to do?
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I'm happy to answer your immigration questions, and will do my best to do so based on my expertise. Please note that while you are working with me, I also will be working with several other customers, so you may experience delays. Your questions WILL be answered in the order they are received; therefore, please be patient as we work through your questions.

Do you want him to come live in the US?

Do you want him to come tot he US to get married?

Have you met face to face, within the past 2 years?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No i want to live in Scotland with him and no I want to marry him in Scotland, We Skype so i guess you'd say we've met face to face.
So you are asking about Scottish immigration, not US immigration?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, and what do they require from me? For example do i need passport sized photo's to send to them for the registry? Do i need to take my divorce papers with me? Birth certificate? What do they require me to do?

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

I am assuming that your fiancee is a British Citizen. If you wish to get married to him in Scotland, you would need to apply for a UK fiancee visa which will then enable you to marry him in the UK after which you may apply for further leave to remain as his spouse.

Full details of applying for a fiancee visa are here:

After you get married, you need to apply for leave to remain as his spouse, see here:

Hope this helps. Please click Accept

Thank you
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience: English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions