UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

OK IF MY DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK REFUSED HOW

Customer Question

OK IF MY DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN IN THE UK REFUSED HOW MUCH TIME DID I GOT IN THE UK?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

If they refuse your discretionary leave to remain the UKBA usually give you 28 days to leave the country. If you do not they will issue you with removal directions and will force you to leave the UK.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I AM AN ERITREAN CITIZEN I WAS A REFUGE DO U THINK THE WILL REFUSE IF I APPLY FOR DISCRETIONARY LEAVE TO REMAIN IN TH UK/
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

If you were a refugee and the circumstances regarding why you can not return to your home country have not changed then the UKBA will need to address this. If the UKBA decide that you being an Eritrean citizen it is not safe for you to return and you can provide evidence to support this to help the Immigration office make a decision in your favor then they are likely to allow you permission to remain.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
HI IS THAT OKAY TO APPLY FOR ILR MY SPOUSE VISA HAS BEEN EXPIRED BEFORE SIX MONTHS IS ANY THING I CAN DO BEFORE APPLYING?PLS
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Yes it is ok for you to apply for a spouse visa. Please ensure you state the reason why you are applying six months out of time in your application form.

The best thing you can do is apply as soon as possible and ensure that you state reason for not applying before for example you could not afford the fees for ILR application.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.

Kind regards,