How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX woud like to ask u my relationship with

Customer Question

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX woud like to ask u my relationship with my wife ends i came to the UK thruogh spouse visa and my visa has been expired what can i do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question.


If your spouse visa has expired then and you wife is not willing to support your application for indefinite leave to remain, then the UKBA will ask you to leave the UK.


Your option other option is to apply for discretionary leave to remain in the UK, only if you can prove that you have strong claim on the basis of Human Rights.


You may also enter into a marriage with an EEA or a British National and extend your stay in the UK thought that avenue.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT, if you do not I will not get credited for my time.


Kind regards,

UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Please note with regards to marrying an EEA or a British National, this advise is based on if you are in a genuine relationship with either an EEA or a British National.


I hope this clarifies the matter.


Kind regards,


Related UK Immigration Law Questions