How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7617
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name isXXXXX come from Hungary.My boyfriend from Nigeria

Resolved Question:

My name isXXXXX come from Hungary.My boyfriend from Nigeria and his visa expired and his passport as well,so he cant get any job here!So in this situation what we sould do?We are living together about 6 month!
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi Timea,

Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. Do you intend to marry him
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I want,but first we try to get permation for him to work and our question is how he can get it
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

You will have to marry. Can I give you a full/detailed answer in an hour please? On the move now.

Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.
There is no application that he can make right now because he is an overstayer. If you are to marry then his situation is much improved. The quickest way would be for you to marry in the UK and then for him to return home to make an application for a an EEA Family Permit

If you are an EEA member state national then he will have to obtain an EEA family permit first before he travels from his home country. He will need to apply for it before she can travel and must submit the appropriate documentation to the UK embassy closest to her:-

Once he has come to the UK on his family permit he will be eligible to apply to the UKBA for a residence card which confirms his right of residence in the UK on the basis of your marriage:-

It will either take the form of an endorsement in her passport or as a separate immigration status documents confirming her right to reside here for 5 years.

At the end of this time she will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence here if she wishes and has not spent significant time outside the UK.

He could attempt to make the application for a resident permit whilst in the UK but it’s highly probably that the UKBA would reject the application because he does not have leave to remain in the UK at the present time because of the overstay. This would be time-consuming as well.
The best thing to do would be to see a solicitor to prepare the out-of-country application for him to take with him when he returns for submission to the embass y straight away upon return.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
I note you have not clicked accept to my answer. Is there any further information you require?

If you do not click accept then your deposit simply stays with the website and I receive absolutely no credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. Only when you click accept does a portion of your deposit actually transfer to me and you will not be charged any further money simply by clicking accept.

Please click accept. You will appreciate that I cannot work for free