UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

My 20 year old daughter has been married to a US citizen for

Customer Question

My 20 year old daughter has been married to a US citizen for nearly two years and is currently living in the USA. She has been granted her green card but they have decided to move back to the UK next year. My partner and I are happy to sponsor them and they will be able to stay with us until they can buy/rent their own place. How can they prove that they have sufficient funds to support themselves when they are unable to secure work until they are in the country? Is there a specific amount that they would need to show in their bank account or would having two sponsors be sufficient? Many thanks, ***** *****
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question.

Your daughter's husband will need to apply for a spouse visa enabling him to enter the UK as a Spouse of a person being admitted to the UK at the same time.

It would have the case if they could show they do have some savings at least £2000.00 and then if you and your partner can show that you have at least £1000.00 extra a month after your expenses it will be enough to satisfy the immigration requirements.

I would recommend that your daughter and her husband submit job vacancies that they are likely to apply for, which would also assist the UKBA knowing that they are likely to obtain a job and not be depended on public funds.

I hope I have answered your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT. If you do not I do not get paid for my time.

Kind regards,

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Hi, kindly click ACCEPT for the answer given. If you do not I will not get paid for my time.
Kind regards