How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 20 year old daughter has been married to a US citizen for

Customer Question

My 20 year old daughter has been married to a US citizen for nearly two years and is currently living in the USA. She has been granted her green card but they have decided to move back to the UK next year. My partner and I are happy to sponsor them and they will be able to stay with us until they can buy/rent their own place. How can they prove that they have sufficient funds to support themselves when they are unable to secure work until they are in the country? Is there a specific amount that they would need to show in their bank account or would having two sponsors be sufficient? Many thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question.

Your daughter's husband will need to apply for a spouse visa enabling him to enter the UK as a Spouse of a person being admitted to the UK at the same time.

It would have the case if they could show they do have some savings at least £2000.00 and then if you and your partner can show that you have at least £1000.00 extra a month after your expenses it will be enough to satisfy the immigration requirements.

I would recommend that your daughter and her husband submit job vacancies that they are likely to apply for, which would also assist the UKBA knowing that they are likely to obtain a job and not be depended on public funds.

I hope I have answered your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT. If you do not I do not get paid for my time.

Kind regards,

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 5 years ago.
Hi, kindly click ACCEPT for the answer given. If you do not I will not get paid for my time.
Kind regards

Related UK Immigration Law Questions