How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thanks for your answer to my last question! My next question

Resolved Question:

Thanks for your answer to my last question! My next question relates to my partner's visa status. If we form a Civil Partnership in July or August this year, is there any reason why we could not travel together for a holiday to Spain BEFORE we start the process of applying to change his visa status to Partner/spouse visa. His current student visa is valid till 2015 - but of course this is dependent on his being registered on a fulltime course of study. His current course will end this June. He has not yet decided if he wishes to continue his studies next academic year or to take a year off to try to find work before returning to study later. So is he going to have any problems re-entering the UK after a holiday in August? (Obviously he will need a Shengen visa before he travels)
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

Provided his visa is stamped with leave to remain until 2015 and the holiday is a short one only then he will be fine re-entering after he has been on holiday. The UKBA only question people on student visas when they are out of the country for long periods of time during term time, because this would suggest that they are not attending their place of study.

Provided the holiday is during a time where the semester at college has ended then he will be fine but I would strongly advise that he carries proof of when his semester finishes to confirm that he is travelling out of term time. If you are in a civil partnership at that time then it would make sense to also carry proof of this as well.

He should be fine if the holiday is only short.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you