Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  25 years hight street experience
13262538

hello sir, its me again, somebody told me if my girlfriend

hello sir,
it's me again, somebody told me if my girlfriend don't have address proof in uk and don't have job in uk after getting married with her in india i can't get entry in uk. plz guide me what i should do????
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi
How does your girlfriend support herself in the UK?
Claire
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i tell u my complete status.i'm in uk from last 2 years on student visa.i've applied for my extension but refused and now i have to go back to india before 29 april 2012 but my girlfriend from romania she also live here and she's ready to marry me.she don't have any job here.she's in the uk from last three years.she's getting cash in hand.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi
You will need an EEA family Permit - details here
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/eea-family-permit/documents/
Your wife will have to show that she has sufficient funds or income to support you both
Claire
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
after getting married with her in india i need to go to romania or i can get all the documents from india and how much money she have to show for coming back to uk with me.
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi
There is no need to go to Romania
She will either have to produce evidence that she is permitted to work in the UK and copies of her Wage slips or that she has sufficient monies to cover all your costs in the UK (so many thousands of pounds)
Claire
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My last question to you is if she can't show both the requirements then what i need to do like i have to get a romanian citizenship or wait for long time plzzzz guide me....i want to come back to uk....
Expert:  Clare replied 5 years ago.
Hi
Your only option is to fulfill one of the normal Visa requirements or wait until you can apply for Romanian Citizenship
Claire