How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am returning to the UK with 3 children after 22 months in

Resolved Question:

i am returning to the UK with 3 children after 22 months in Australia. I have ILR. Do you think i'll have any issues with immigration? It says ILR can be away for up to 2 years. We own our home in the UK. My children and I have been bonding with my Australian family and looking after my ill parents. My husband stayed in the UK the whole time apart from visiting us Xmas.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I do not expect you to have any problems returning to the UK on your ILR status as you have not been away for more than 24 months.

Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
should i bring tax receipts and proof of our house? Anything else that you might suggest should i get challenged? will they ask my husband to join us for an interview?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.
You may carry a copy of the title of the property and UK tax receipts but I really don't think you will have a problem and your husband will not be interviewed. They may telephone him to verify any information if in doubt.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you