How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11847
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Iam a British citizen and my Spouse a Nigerian. We live in

Customer Question

Iam a British citizen and my Spouse a Nigerian. We live in Nigeria. My spouse wants to travel to Germany for holidays but he is having problems getting a visa. Please what can be done
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If I have provided you with an answer, kindly click ACCEPT.

He could apply for a Schengen visa in any of the Schengen countries and then this could be used to travel to Germany.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The answer to the question is no answer at all. All shengain countries in Nigeria do collaborate. Refusal of visa in one Scengen state will negatively affect any application in another state. The intention is not to run from one state to the other in serach of visas. As an EU national, I have certain rights which ordinarily should allow my spouce travel to any EU state.The answer to the question is not acceptabl at all
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
the quality of the answer is so ordnary. It did not tell me anything I did not know before.I feel my rights have been violated as an EU national and I expected the answer to tell me how I can seek redress and not tell me to ask my spouse make another application to another Schengen state.
Expert:  A. Valcke replied 5 years ago.


I'm sorry to hear of your difficulties in obtaining a visa.


Will you be travelling with your spouse to Germany? Or will he be joining you there?


Also, what were the grounds given by the German consulate for rejecting his application?


I look forward to hearing from you.




Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.
How long will you be staying in Germany?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not travelling with my spouse and he will be staying in Germany for about 2 weeks. The ground for visa refusal at the German embassy was that his purpose of travel was not clear and therefore unacceptable.
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.
Was there a right to appeal provided?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Right of appeal was provided and we already appealed but the decision was still the same.
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.



Unfortunately, if that is the case, the only thing you can do is submit a fresh application for a Schengen Visa ensuring that you respond to all of the points raised in the previous refusal letter.


It would then be up to the German authorities to consider your application.


I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards,