How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have recently met a nigerian man, who is living in the uk

This answer was rated:

I have recently met a nigerian man, who is living in the uk on a study visa. Which ends 31st oct 2012. Is there anyway we can apply for another visa or will he have to go home. We have only known each other for 2 months and would like to build a relationship, but dont want to rush things.

Hi thank you for your question.


If your new partner in currently on a Tier 4 student visa, then he can either continue applying for further stay in that category or apply in another category for example in a Tier 2 migrant worker category if he can find someone to sponsor him and he meets the requirements.


Another option would be for him to obtain a visa as your spouse, but that would be an option only after you have married.


I hope I have answered your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.


Kind regards,



UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you