UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I have recently met a nigerian man, who is living in the uk

I have recently met a nigerian man, who is living in the uk on a study visa. Which ends 31st oct 2012. Is there anyway we can apply for another visa or will he have to go home. We have only known each other for 2 months and would like to build a relationship, but dont want to rush things.

Hi thank you for your question.

If your new partner in currently on a Tier 4 student visa, then he can either continue applying for further stay in that category or apply in another category for example in a Tier 2 migrant worker category if he can find someone to sponsor him and he meets the requirements.

Another option would be for him to obtain a visa as your spouse, but that would be an option only after you have married.

I hope I have answered your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards,