How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11825
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Saudi women, I got married last year in the UK to a

Customer Question

I am a Saudi women, I got married last year in the UK to a British citizen . we got married in the UK, we are trying for 6 month now with the Saudi government to get our marriage recognized there. My Saudi passport is expiring in 2 months, and as per the legal system in Saudi my father is my legal guardian until my mirage is recognized in Saudi, my father refuse to help me renew my passport. My husband and I are residents in the UAE, but I can’t travel, or process my daily work (bank account, work contracts, etc) without a valid passport. Can I apply for a British passport, in my situation, and what is the next step?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'm waiting for an answer
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Please cancell my question, your services is no longer needed. Thanks
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues. You are only eligible left for a British passport if you are already a UK National.

In your case you would need to naturalise as a UK citizen first before you can get a UK passport.

Hope this helps
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If I have provided you with an answer, kindly click ACCEPT.

Have you already obtained indefinite leave to remain?

Many thanks
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Based on the information you have provided above, I assume that you have not yet obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain as you were married in 2011 and you are living outside of the UK.

If that is the case, you will not be eligible to apply for a UK Passport until such time as you have obtained Indefinite Leave to Remain and then subsequently Naturalised.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback. Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow-up questions.

Many thanks,

Related UK Immigration Law Questions