How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7620
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Sir My daughter, 17 year old currently has a valid visa

Resolved Question:

Dear Sir
My daughter, 17 year old currently has a valid visa for the UK as a Tier 4 Child student, she would like to switch being the dependant of mother's Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa. We, as a parents have given her funds which have been placed in her bond account, this funds is enough to maitain our daughter during her stay in the UK.
Could it be a problem having this bond for switching her visa into dependant of mother's visa?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question.
To enable me to answer your question could you please respond to the following:-
1. How accessible is the bond account?
2. Can she easily withdraw from it
3. Will anybody else have access?
Kind regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your quick reply.

1. This bond is easily accessible

2. She can easily withdraw from it

3. No one else have access to this bond account


Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

The key thing is that you must demonstrate that this money is hers and not yours. They must be able to access the money immediately and there can be no conditions to access.

Therefore, you need to show that the account is in her sole name and I would suggest also showing the terms on which she can withdraw the money if necessary. You may have a written agreement for the acoc**t in this regard and I should submit this with the application.

It would also be helpful if you and your wife would declare that the monies you have transferred to your daughter are by way of gift rather than as a loan with anticipated repayment. If the UKBA consider that it is a "false" transfer of money and that they remain yours then they could reject on this basis

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, you probably misunderstood me, as my dependant she has to be mainly financially dependant on me.

Could it be a problem having this bond account, which is enough to support her stay in the UK, being a dependant of mother's Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa?

Yours sincerely,



Expert:  Thomas replied 5 years ago.
Hi Irina,

I think I understood your question.

It will be fine for the money to be held in this way. Obviously, were she a very young child then this would not be sufficient because she would not be financially responsible but on the basis that she is 17 years of age and is aware of the responsibility to maintain the money and not spend it because her visa status depends on it then she will be fine.

Here is the page on it:-
htt p://


Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,

Thomas and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you