How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11843
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a British citizen, aged 85; my wife is a US citizen aged

Resolved Question:

I am a British citizen, aged 85; my wife is a US citizen aged 58. We have been married since 2002 but for a number of reasons have not lived together continuously since then. My wife now wishes to move to live with me in UK on a permanent basis and, in due course take out dual UK/US nationality. She would also like to be able to be eligible to take on part-time work in the UK. I am financially secure and can support her but she likes to have outside interest and sense of independence! How do we set about (and to whom do we apply) achieving this?
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Halyard Place, Trinity Way, Minehead, Somerset.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If I have provided you with an answer, kindly click ACCEPT.

Where does your wife live?
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.
Hi harry,

From the limited information that you have provided above, your wife will be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain as you have been married for more than 4 years.

Your wife will have to make an application to the UK embassy in her normal country of residence using form VAF4A.

Once she is granted ILR, there will be no restrictions upon her living and working in the UK.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards,
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

If I have answered your original question, kindly click ACCEPT.

If you do not, I do not get credit for my time.

Many thanks,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions