How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Your Own Question
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 11846
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
INC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi There My wife now ex have moved to the US she has taken

Resolved Question:

Hi There My wife now ex have moved to the US she has taken the children there to marry the new man.
They went on a visitors visa. They applied for US citizenship but has so far heard nothing back.
It has almost been eight years . Her new husband will be made redundant. and cannot support my children.
I would like to be able to bring my children back one is 20 and the other is almost 13.
would there be any complications when my sons pass US customs. as i believe their visas have expired.
I've had to renew my children's passports.
My children did not get any social security number and so has never been able to open a bank account , drivers licence so no way could they apply for a job.
My sons were born in the uk .
Thank ypou
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If I have provided you with an answer, kindly click ACCEPT.

If the children are uk citizens they will not have a problem returning to the uk. The 20 year old is an adult and can return of their own free will. The 13 year old causes some problems as it will come down yo parental responsibility and custody of the child. For this you will have to see advice from a family law solicitor.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

Kind regards,
INC and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi. Thanks

When one goes to the US there is a little green form somthing like a declaration /waiver which US customs tear off . the larger bit . the smaller portion is then stapled
onto the pass port. When you leave the US they collect the small potion.
Because they went in when they were minors following my ex. They have new would they look at my older child's pass port and say he over stayed
and blacklist him from going back to the US ever agian.
It was through no fault of him . he was a victim of circumstances.
It was an amicable divorce. we did not contest the custody of the children.
Her present husband has an alcoholic problem i have been informed. She is worried and wants me to get my children out of harms way and she wants to enter a women's shelter. but she will not be able to as my older child is an adult.
Do i need some sort of written confirmation from her or a legal body stating she wants my children to come back to be with me.