UK Immigration Law

Have UK Immigration Law Questions? Get Answers Now.

UK Immigration Law

Hello, I think someone forged my signatures from my office

Customer Question
to get a tourist visa...
Hello, I think someone forged my signatures from my office to get a tourist visa to switzerland and I know who did this ? what should I do and what will be consequences.

I have photocopy of that document with my nick name on it and false signature. It didn't cause me any financial loss or anything but what can I do about it.

In addition since this document has my nick name not my legal name, what are my options ?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: UK Immigration Law
4/6/2012
Solicitor: Thomas, Solicitor replied 5 years ago
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor

What document has your forged signature on it?

Application forms to the Swiss immigration authority with regard to the visa, possibly?

Tom

It's actually a document on company's letterhead confirming that he is full time employee with the company and he will return on a specific date to resume his duties.
Hi
Thanks for your question.
The relevant people who will be concerned chiefly with this would be (presumably) the Swiss immigration authority, to whom the letter would have been submitted. The same thing is required of visitors wishing to come to the UK to visit. They have to impress upon the immigration authority that they have a continuing life from where they came so that they should not be regarded as a risk of an overstay.
You can inform the Swiss immigration authority I suppose, probably their embassy if the best place to start. I suspect that they will not do a great deal if the person has already gained entry. It may be noted on the person’s file and possible they would receive a ban from the authority upon exit.

If the person’s deception is limited to this then you do not face any exposure to liability, it’s a simple misrepresentation rather than a fraud which results in financial loss.
If the person does actually work there and have misused the company’s letterhead then it’s an employment issue and you may consider raising it with their manager or yours.
If it is simply a letter which has been used in a visa application then this is not really something to worry about if it’s limited to this only and they have not fraudulently represented themselves as having the company’s authority to enter a contract and has then entered a contract which does actually incur liability.

You may consider informing the police if you suspect that this is part of an identity theft, but without evidence of a crime they will probably not be interested.

If this has been useful please kindly click accept so that I may be rewarded for my time. If you do not click accept your money stays with the site and I do not receive any credit for the time I have taken to answer your question. You will not be charged any further money for clicking accept.
If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Many thanks for your answer Tom.

I suspect this person actually used this letter to get tourist visa and then went on holidays. I don't have any problem with that.

My concern is, since my nick name is XXXXX XXXXX rather than my legal name. If I'll report to swiss immigration authority then how will I prove that this person actually forged my signatures in the employment letter ?

You can only tell them what has happened. If you can't "prove" it but can only tell them your suspicions then that is all you can do. It's for them to then decide what decision (if any) to make on the basis of the information you have provided to them.

You are not exposed to any liability at all, which is the important thing. Even if you did nothing, it's still not something which could come back on you in any legal sense.

Trust this clarifies, please click accept.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Thomas
Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor